By Charles P. Pfleeger,Shari Lawrence Pfleeger
—Charles C. Palmer, IBM Research
“In this publication, the authors undertake a refreshingly new method of explaining the intricacies of the safety and privateness problem that's quite compatible to today’s cybersecurity demanding situations. Their use of the threat–vulnerability–countermeasure paradigm mixed with vast real-world examples all through ends up in a truly potent studying methodology.”
The glossy creation to desktop defense: comprehend Threats, establish Their explanations, and enforce powerful Countermeasures
Analyzing desktop safety is a clean, glossy, and appropriate creation to machine safety. geared up round today’s key assaults, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures, it is helping you're thinking that significantly and creatively approximately desktop security—so you could hinder critical difficulties and mitigate the results of these that also happen.
In this new booklet, well known safety and software program engineering specialists Charles P. Pfleeger and Shari Lawrence Pfleeger—authors of the vintage Security in Computing—teach protection the way in which smooth protection pros method it: by way of deciding upon the folks or issues which could reason damage, uncovering weaknesses that may be exploited, and selecting and making use of the precise protections. With this procedure, not just will you research situations of assaults that experience happened, yet additionally, you will learn how to follow this technique to new situations.
The booklet covers “hot button” concerns, comparable to authentication mess ups, community interception, and denial of carrier. you furthermore may achieve new perception into broader topics, together with danger research, usability, belief, privateness, ethics, and forensics. One step at a time, the ebook systematically is helping you strengthen the problem-solving talents had to safeguard any info infrastructure.
- Understanding threats, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures
- Knowing whilst defense comes in handy, and whilst it’s dead “security theater”
- Implementing powerful id and authentication systems
- Using sleek cryptography and overcoming weaknesses in cryptographic systems
- Protecting opposed to malicious code: viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits, keyloggers, and more
- Understanding, fighting, and mitigating DOS and DDOS attacks
- Architecting safer stressed out and instant networks
- Building safer software software program and working structures via extra sturdy designs and layered protection
- Protecting identities and implementing privacy
- Addressing laptop threats in severe parts akin to cloud computing, e-voting, cyberwarfare, and social media
Read Online or Download Analyzing Computer Security: A Threat / Vulnerability / Countermeasure Approach PDF
Similar other books
Snip! With one reduce of the scissors, Erin’s social existence alterations totally. It’s difficult sufficient being a brand new woman, yet it’s that a lot worse to have a dorky older sister within the similar institution. while she is snubbed by way of the beautiful and well known crowd, Erin commits an over-the-top vengeful act. This novel makes a speciality of problems with relations loyalty, peer strain, and the determined wish to belong.
Sketching out a desirable community of old figures, cults, and Christendom, this ebook by means of an occult-studies professional and revered authority on magic and sorcery takes Western religious traditions seriouslybut examines them with logic and self-effacing humor. operating backward from the Freemasons to 1 in their unique orders, the 14th-century Knights Templar, the account considers sorcery, heresy, and intrigues; explores the legend that the Knights possessed a strong mystery risky to the Church of Rome; and reveals a vital clue to the order's practices of their connection to the biblical Solomon, king of Israel within the tenth century BC.
What's gravity? they are saying it’s the weakest of the 4 basic forces. yet what if it used to be the most powerful strength? if that is so, our entire figuring out of the universe might switch. Sound technological know-how seeks truth—the entire truth—wherever it leads. Too many smooth cosmologists restrict themselves, ignoring the extra intuitive facet in their nature that Albert Einstein praised.
Be greater than you're . . . it really is attainable indicates us tips to trasform into what we're created to be.
- Evolution of Island Mammals: Adaptation and Extinction of Placental Mammals on Islands
- James Joyce (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)
- A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Gym Instructor
- Circling the Bases: Essays on the Challenges and Prospects of the Sports Industry
- TOEFL iBT High Score System: Learn How To Identify & Answer Every Question With A High Score!
Extra resources for Analyzing Computer Security: A Threat / Vulnerability / Countermeasure Approach